[T3] FI to Carb conversion

Terrie Ann Schmearer terrieann.schmearer at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 17 01:40:31 PST 2013

Hello everyone,
The time has come. My '72 T3 1600 Fastback is going to be converted from FI to carbs. Didn't think I'd ever do that. However, I haven't been able to drive it for over a year and we've put around $6000 in repairs in it and it's time. My (new) mechanic has been speaking to other classic VW mechanics who have all said to convert. I gave him permission to do so. He said if I could ask y'all for any information about converting it, that would help him get it done faster. He has to research how to do it. So! If any of you have experience, know what parts are needed, know where to get them. Any information whether it seems insignificant or very important will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Terrie Ann Schmearer
1972 VW Type III Fastback - Her name is Joy