[T3] Opposite of Terri's problem

Matt P pfeilmat at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 17 20:28:19 PST 2013

I have a modified 71 that had FI but someone installed Carbs. 32 PDSITs. Now it runs, but runs rich. Further investigation and after reading the entire debate on carbs vs FI, I now know that is should probably not have an electric fuel pump as it is running very rich due to fuel making it past the float valve. Plus, the driver side carb has the idle shut off solenoid,  but the passenger side does not. In fact, there is nothing but a threadded hole. So, in order for me to go further on this, I need to source one of these guys and wire it in or get two of what is #19 on the widely available rebuild parts break down on theses carbs.

Any one have one laying around that they would be willing to part with? The idle shut off valve. I am probably calling it the wrong name. In MG terms, it is the Anti Run On Valve. Or, are there any widely known suppliers that sell these parts. For MGs, there is Moss motors and Victoria British. Are there any suppliers out there like these places?

Matt P

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device