[T3] Automatic Transmission Options

Adam Douglass one4house at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 24 14:42:50 PST 2013

Group,

Yesterday I had a axle shaft come loose and take out the governor on my 70 automatic transmission. It knocked the governor out of the transmission along with a piece of the case itself. It is a total loss.

What other automatic transmissions are options for replacement? I know that there must me some type 2 and type 4 transmissions that are available that might be an option for replacement. Is the 010 an option?

I am looking forward to hearing about you ideas for options.

Here are links to three I have found on the Samba. Could you tell me if any of the three of these is an option.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1540097

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1554034

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1426568

Adam