[T3] Jill's Type 34 Ghia at the Cincinnati VW/Porsche Reunion...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Oct 3 22:04:57 PDT 2013

On 3 Oct 2013 at 23:03, John Jaranson wrote:

> Got the new fog light bulbs installed in Jill's Ghia tonight.
>
> http://www.carartbyjohn.com/2013Misc/GhiaFogLights.jpg
>
> Last week while sorting out the headlights and getting her stereo installed, I had rewired the fog lights to be directly switched (with the factory switch under the dash) and coming off of the un-used electric sunroof fuse in the panel.  I was already using a regular Type 3 flasher relay instead of the Type 34 only one that turns the fog lights off when you switch from low to high beam.  Jill's was cooked when we got the car.

Any relay would work to do it the OE way, and still take power from
the unused fuse.

With a simple 3-position switch, you can control that relay to turn
the fog lights on with the hi beam, with the low beams, or not at
all. I did this with my '68, because in fog you want them on with the
lo beams and for clear night driving they should come on with the hi
beams.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org