[T3] Distributor ailments...

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 4 16:43:03 PDT 2013

I looked through my collection and found over a dozen breaker
plates...only one with the little tab.   In little clear plastic bags, I have the little balls and the screws and other distributor stuff...but
no little tabs.  Where'd they go?

  I HAVE TO do a better inventory of my used parts.  I wouldn't have tossed them...but I have at least one tab for emergency.

No...I don't put much pressure on the tab when installing the plates...just the non-pushing weight of my thumb.
PS:   Some of the plates have a shallow divot worn into the metal where that little ball is
supposed to move back and forth.  Divot must impede that action.   Is
this a trashed plate, or can careful grinding-filing, with very fine-grit implements, set it straight?   I've filed and sanded that divot out of the way in the past...but don't have any memory of how well that went over time.