[T3] EFI conversion

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Oct 5 16:50:14 PDT 2013

You may also have some problem with the lack of a fuel 'sump'.  The Type 3
tank is rather shallow, and was modifired when FI came in with a collecting
cup in the tank that was kept filled by a venturi from the return pipe that
drove fuel up into the cup structure (see bottom of page:-
http://home.clara.net/hallvw/fuelsend.htm ).

This may not be needed with an aftermarket system, but I suspect when the
contents get lower, the pump may draw in air.  The easiest way round it, and
one that would save welding in another pipe, is simply to replace the tank
with an FI one.  Never be tempted to put sealant into these tanks.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club