[T3] Auto Stick 69

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Oct 14 08:30:53 PDT 2013

On 14 Oct 2013 at 7:58, Adam Douglass wrote:

> I am working with someone on a car they have. It is a very nice 69
> square, but he tells me it has an auto stick. Is that possible? I
> don't know if he is mistaken, or of it was converted at sometime. I
> want to get all of the information that I can before I make a fool of
> myself or him.

It's probably the usual Type 3 AT. VW used the "Auto stick" term so
often in their advertising (for the Beetle) that the term got stuck
in peoples minds. There would be NO point in trying to convert an AT
Type 3 to Auto Stick Shift.

You'll be able to tell once you get a look at the shift lever. The AT
shifter has the usual PRND21 labels. IIRC, the Auto Stick lever looks
just like the MT shifter.
Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org