[T3] Glovebox

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Oct 17 18:55:26 PDT 2013

On 17 Oct 2013 at 10:31, John L. Morgan IV wrote:

> I got a new one.
> What is the best way to insert it?
> My current cable and pull to open
> the trunk work fine.
> I see that there are rivets that attach
> the new cable and pull to the cardboard.
> What is the best order of operations
> to do this without messing anything up?

I've always replaced the whole works together. I don't trust myself
to duplicate the OG rivet job AND get everything in the exact right
position.

NOTE: Once the assembly is in place, you MUST install the final screw
that ties the lever base to the dash. This screw is often left out,
and that's why the cardboard glove box breaks. It's not strong enough
to take that stress by itself. Passing that force on to the steel
dash makes all the difference in the world. Don't skip this step.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org