[T3] The Winter Gas

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Oct 21 17:56:51 PDT 2013

In a message dated 10/21/2013 7:45:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
topnotch at nycap.rr.com writes:

The problem with the construction now days is that very little of  it
actually improves flow when its done.  They use up extra money in  this area
by re-paving the interstate every year, backing up traffic and  causing all
kinds of delays every year even though its perfectly  smooth.

A lot of $$ is wasted these days paving roads that don't need  it.

Around here they don't re-pave, they dig out the old busted  concrete for
miles at a stretch, and put new stuff in it's place (or they do  those 4 to 8
foot sections that are lumpy). Right now, they started doing the  I-69/I-94
interchange (I'm about 2 miles from it), and you can hear them  breaking up
the concrete (they start digging at 8 am). They're replacing 4  bridges
while they're there, along with the mile and a half of road surface.  They hope
to be done by Nov 2016.
We just got a series of new bridges at the Canadian end of I-94  (before
you leave the US), along with almost all of I-94 in our county (new
concrete). But, the state ran out of money to replace the Welcome Center (the  off
and on ramps are in place, the ground is leveled off, the grass has been
mowed, even the light poles are in place, but no building). :O Maybe some day
it'll get built.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction