[T3] The Winter Gas

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Oct 21 22:31:27 PDT 2013

On 21 Oct 2013 at 19:41, Keith Park wrote:

> This is the 71 so its FI, the Fuel pressure is fine,

So you're adjusting the pressure sensor? The '70-1 pressure sensor is
more complicated than the earlier and later versions. There are 3
separate adjustments; which one(s) are you adjusting?

I'm comfortable matching the calibrations of the earlier and later
versions, but I haven't put in enough time yet to be comfortable with
the '70-1 version. What's your take on what you're doing?

Or are you changing something else?

The problem arises when you try to compensate for a problem with one
parameter by adjusting something else. The compensation is never
accurate across the whole range of inputs unless you're adjusting the
parameter that's having the problem. In fact, you're likely to end up
with something that works well within some narrow range but is really
bad everywhere else, which should sound rather familiar.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org