[T3] Clementine

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun Oct 27 15:15:32 PDT 2013

I think it's a bit more than that, as a Beetle has a different sound, though
substantially the same engine.  I expect it has something to do with the
body resonance too.  The Squareback also sounds different inside compared
with the Fastback - more 'reverb'!  The twin carbed engine sounds different
from the FI, too - at least I reckon I can hear a difference.  Maybe it's on
a par with a sheep being able to pick out the bleating of her own lamb,
though!

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club

Well if you want to get that in depth the Beetles that were sold here in the
states from the late 50s till 74 that had the duel tail pipes or pea
shooters as some call them have their own sound. When they came out with the
FI bug in 75 it had a single tail pipe which sounds more like a T-3 with
stock exhaust.  The buses and Vanagons always sounded a little different but
I think that is because the engine is further away from the driver.

Dennis