[T3] Clementine

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Oct 28 13:45:24 PDT 2013

On 27 Oct 2013 at 23:18, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> I forgot to ask dose some lost mpgs the only down side to running
unplugged?

If you leave it unplugged, it will not shut off the injection on overrun,
resulting in some loss of MPG. This also means that you won't be able to
clear a flooded cylinder by letting it overrun.

It will also suffer a bit on immediate throttle response (sort of like
disconnecting the throttle pump on a carb) and on this generation you'll
lose some full throttle output.

If you're having trouble getting thru my writeup, could you get one of your
students to work alongside you? I often find that 2 heads are better than
one. Otherwise, I can check it out once I'm home again in a bit over a week.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

I'll try it again when I get a chance. Looks like another very busy week at
school again for me.

Dennis