[T3] its not the plugs

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Oct 1 19:10:56 PDT 2013

Well the new plugs didn't change anything in the crate, still intermittent
miss under half or more load and hesitation when accelerating under light
throttle
However.

This is VERY temperature dependant

45F, runs fine under light throttle, but stumbles when putting your foot
into it and misses when under moderate throttle.
65F, runs much better, but some degree of the above
75F, runs perfectly under all throttles.

The way I have it adjusted now, it is consistant at the above temperatures
each time I drive it at them

Now Ive never had an engine that was so dependant on temperature for its
mixture before, (insert Fuel injection comment here)
But how should I attack this? One more size up in jets doesn't solve it and
it actually runs a bit worse and it gets into trouble with short start ups
This way.  Keep richening the mixture so it runs properly when its cold too?

If I don't get this worked out soon I will have to wait till next spring,
then I may not have the cold weather for long..

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com
71 Squareback "Hothe"