[T3] Axle Beam

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 15 14:55:20 PDT 2013

I'm rounding up various collections of my scrap metal (and car batteries and copper wire, etc.) to sell at a scrap yard. One thing is a rusted useless T-III axle beam.

I'm keeping the upper torsion bar and its connections from both sides, and maybe I'll keep the only good lower one...the other being broken. Steering damper is already in my weather-proof parts bin.

But, what about the tie rods?  The ball ends all have broken rubber, but none wiggle in their nests.   But maybe that's about rust rather than a good fit.  How to be sure?

And, what about the Steering Box?  Do they ever go bad?  Worth hanging onto?