[T3] The Winter Gas

topnotch at nycap.rr.com topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Oct 19 18:14:34 PDT 2013

Last week I drove up from RIchmond in the 71 and just before going into NYS I got gas in PA (to save 50 cents a gal) I didnt really notice much till I climbed the hill out of the Scary valley, and once below 65 it just fell apart.

This weekend im driving all over VErmont, up and down the mountains and below 2500 RPM or so there is NOTHING!  the top end is still there but nothing down low with the new Winter blend gas!  Its terrible!  Im thinking of richening things up a bit more but the car is going away in a couple weeks and wont come out till the summer gas is back in the pumps.

What are they putting in there that just cuts the low end right out from under it???
The winter gas has, for years, produced less HP but this year is ridiculous, I almost thought the old engine had finally given up but NO... its the gas!