[T3] Clementine

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Oct 27 22:06:06 PDT 2013

On 27 Oct 2013 at 23:18, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> I forgot to ask dose some lost mpgs the only down side to running unplugged?

If you leave it unplugged, it will not shut off the injection on
overrun, resulting in some loss of MPG. This also means that you
won't be able to clear a flooded cylinder by letting it overrun.

It will also suffer a bit on immediate throttle response (sort of
like disconnecting the throttle pump on a carb) and on this
generation you'll lose some full throttle output.

If you're having trouble getting thru my writeup, could you get one
of your students to work alongside you? I often find that 2 heads are
better than one. Otherwise, I can check it out once I'm home again in
a bit over a week.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org