[T3] Vent windows seals

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 17:23:54 PDT 2013

I'm fairly sure the vent wing lower pivot pin will fit in through the frame
and seal when they are fitted.  The upper pivot can only be fitted by
removing the rivet and replacing it after assembly, or alternatively cutting
the thin part of the seal to allow the upper pivot to be located and screwed
back onto the door.

The rivets are available part N 13 661 2  Rivet B 4 x 8.  $4.95 pr from:-
https://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-N-013-661-2
Or $1.95 each with fibre washer http://www.vwispwest.com/N136612.html?page=1

I just used a couple of pop rivets and punched through the mandrel end.
It's barely noticeable. Don't forget the little fibre washer.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club