[T3] part 341 129 609A

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Sep 11 06:20:32 PDT 2013

On 11 Sep 2013 at 16:23, ROSS G CLARKE wrote:

> Does anyone have this part for sale? Its the last ducting section of
> the air filter to fit my 1966 Type 3 Fastback.

re: 341 129 609A

I had to look this up to make sure I understood which part you were
asking about. It's the steel duct section that goes between the body
and the air cleaner. This version has a weighted flap and, I assume,
an inlet on the underside for preheat air. Correct me if I'm wrong
about the preheat. It was only used on rather early T and P engines.

I don't have any of these, but someone else here may. If you can't
find one, you could probably use a plain duct, without the flapper
valve, as long as you got the right length. There were 2 different
lengths of those, and I should have one. This would work perfectly
unless you plan to drive the car in cold weather.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org