[T3] Noise from front end/wheel

Hal Sullivan tristessa at tristessa.us
Sat Sep 21 09:18:22 PDT 2013

On 09/20/2013 10:56 PM, Jim Adney wrote:
> The tabs
> are often broken off, leaving this as a pretty pointless bit of
> hardware. I think VW has stopped supplying these plates, and I don't
> think those bolts will ever come loose if they are torqued correctly.

For whatever it's worth, I've been running torqued-to-spec caliper bolts
with no lock plates on my '75 Bus for nine years now and haven't had a
problem with the bolts coming loose on their own .. it's hard enough
getting them loose when I *want* to.  :-)

I'm not sure the Bus even came with lock plates, now that I think about
it...