[T3] Need a new gas tank

Terrie Ann Schmearer terrieann.schmearer at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 09:24:05 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,
Looks like I'm going to need a new gas tank for my '72 Fastback. My mechanic has been trying to find one with no success. I'm hoping someone on the list might know of one. My old one has been cleaned. Apparently at some point it was rusty and the owner had it coated. The rust has been flaking off with the coating on it, the screen filter was bent over leaving an inch gap, the tank has two old repairs and is getting thin. There was junk all in my fuel system. They got it as clean as possible, but suggested I try and find a new tank. Thanks everyone! You can email me directly if you wish at terrieann.schmearer at yahoo.com