[T3] So rich

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Tue Sep 17 18:12:20 PDT 2013

I think I may have figured out what has been causing the rich running issue
with Clementine.  Since we have all but one body panel on.  I thought I
would give her a test drive. Well didn't get too far and she died on me.
Turned the ignition switch off then on and no clicks of the fuel pump or ECU
relays.  After about 5 or 10 min of chasing wires the problem was where the
wire from the ECU relay hooks up to the positive battery cable terminal.
Every time you move that wire in that area around battery post the relays
click. After finding this I was able to get it back to the school. I was hot
from the temps and so I just went home when I got her back inside. I got to
thinking. I have thought my voltage has been fine since it's been around
14.1-14.3 range but since there is obviously a bad connection here am I
getting this much power to the ECU or are we losing a volt or 2 or even a
half? As usual would like to hear what all who want to chime in think.  I
have to be away from the school tomorrow but I will check this out first
thing Thursday and see if my theory is true.

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback FI MT

Rainsville, AL