[T3] Spring "Cleaning"

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Apr 3 19:21:38 PDT 2014

A couple of additional things that I do when I get my cars out of
hibernation:

Before starting it, I unplug the trigger contacts and crank it for oil
pressure, that way the oil cooler re-fills and oil is spread around before
there is a load on anything.  It really takes some time to fill an empty
cooler and they bleed down over the winter so without doing this your
starting a dry engine without oil pressure for a while.  With carbs, you
need to crank it long enough to prime the system and fill the carbs that you
will have oil pressure before it starts anyway.

I also crawl underneath and make sure the thermostat opens properly, and
that there are no mice living anywhere.

Almost time....

Keith

Top Notch Restorations