[T3] needed

Soren Jacobsen snj at pobox.com
Sat Apr 5 16:38:48 PDT 2014

On Apr 4, 2014, at 11:15 AM, Brian Fye <bfye at canyonville.net> wrote:

> Early brass thumb screw for air mixture on carbs.  My stash only had the
> later ones with the black plastic head and they are not the same diameter.
> Doh!

Regarding early vs. late, I can say for sure that the 1964 (VW4-1, VW5-1) and 1965 (VW26-1, VW27-1) 32PDSITs used the plastic head screws.  If you're skeptical, check out this Look, Listen, Do It Better dealer training booklet from 1964, which clearly shows the plastic head: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/t3dualcarbtuning/index.php (specifically, 20/16 at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/t3dualcarbtuning/6.jpg )

Anyway, Corey has some brass screws for sale at http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1583922

Søren