[T3] aluminium side trim strips

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Apr 14 19:51:30 PDT 2014

On 14 Apr 2014 at 16:15, fred Simmons wrote:

> anybody know of a source for the aluminum trim strips?
> anybody know any tricks for straightening them for re-use.

IIRC, there were 2 slightly different cross section versions. I made
a little punch that fit perfectly inside the ones I had and used it
to tap out the dents. I did this using a sheet of glass as the anvil,
because I wanted something perfectly smooth that would not add to the
problem.

Doing this, I can get them pretty good, but not perfect.

I'd like to get a thicker piece of glass, like 1/4" thick or more,
just so I don't have to be as careful.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org