[T3] Wiper motor

Jaz Jarzewiak jazfloyd at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 10:35:32 PDT 2014

> The best fix, however (if you don't mind it not being 100% correct)  is to
> locate a complete 70 only type 3 wiper motor unit (transmission, wiper
> arms, and wiper motor), and install it. It's the last year the wiper arms
> park
> on the left (71-on parked on the right), and the wiper shafts still fit
> into the stock 70 and earlier body holes in the cowl. You can then either
> drill the holes in the cowl out for new larger 70 seals, or you can use
>  some
> left over engine seals out of a complete gasket kit to seal the  shafts to
> the
> cars body. Either way works, as I've done it both  ways.

sounds like a solid plan.  I'll keep an eye out for that motor unit.
In the mean time, I'll try to file the flat.

> Yes as a high school auto mechanics teacher May and August are my two
> busiest months of the year. May being the end of the school year and Aug.
> being the beginning.  But we can hammer out a time some time soon I'm sure.

I understand that, we'll figure something out! c:

Bob's right, converting to the '70 style complete wiper assembly is
> the VERY best, most reliable, fix for this problem. If you do this,
> you should take everything apart and lube the shafts and bushings
> before you install this system, just because this job will never
> again be this easy to do.

I'll make sure to do that.  Don't want to shoot myself in the foot.

Jaz
1967 Squareback "Scone"