[T3] Sticky starter

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Thu Apr 17 16:55:27 PDT 2014

I posted an issue with the starter sticking engaged last fall, well. since
then Ive changed out the entire thing and the other one is doing the same
thing.
Fresh battery, fully charged, once it starts cranking it will not release
about 2/3 of the time when the key is released.  If the motor doesn't start
it just cranks
And cranks but if the engine starts it 'kicks' out the bendix and you can
hear it spin loose but it releases,  Ive had both units apart and lubed
them, everything feels fine
But I cant for the life of me figure out what is locking them in place and
how the engine kicks them out!

The car is off the road for a couple more weeks so I have time to noodle
with it now, we had some snow Tuesday night and a HEAVY salting.  Ever
notice how it never rains after
Late snows in the Northeast?  We get salted up and it never gets washed off.
been raining here regularly for the past 6 weeks but watch now. it wont rain
for 2 more weeks and we'll
Be salted up till May!

Sigh!

At least I can pull the Square apart and leave it for a bit

Keith
'

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com