[T3] Wiper shaft oil.

ROSS G CLARKE clarkeross28 at internode.on.net
Tue Apr 22 14:46:34 PDT 2014

Hello every one,

I use a Lanolin oil by a firm called "Lanotec" for lubricating anything that moves on my Type 3 1966 fastback.

This lubricant is a by product of sheep's wool and is widely used in the boating industry to not only lubricate but to stop the process of rust. The oil is good for penetration and is friendly on plastics and rubber components.

Not sure if its available in the States. It does however stick to painted surfaces when dry so wipe off any excess.

I enjoyed the 6 mm wiper solution comments as my 66 Australian fastback  have these smaller shafts. Gives me some solace in the future repair and replacement for my old girl!

Regards,

Ross Clarke (Australia)
Ross G Clarke
0402 487 469