[T3] A Tale Of Two Regulators (Update)

Chris Sheridan cscsheridan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 16:53:18 PDT 2014

Okay, thanks for all your feedback. I made a decision to go with the
regulator I bought - yes it does have the 211 part number and doesn't look
like the more modern regulator I'm used to seeing for a Type 3, but as Jim
says it appears to be compatible across models for the 1970 year at least.

The smell of burning electrics, or more accurately the scent of
frankencense and Myrhhh burning in the back seat kind of reminded me of my
days as an altar boy back in the 70s. It eventually went away after a
couple of days, and I put the rear seat back in place. I'm still alert to
make sure the battery is holding a charge, so far it appears to start right
up each time.

I did notice the return of a faintly glowing Generator light now
though..and if I remember that is a sign that the brushes may be
prematurely worn so I will look into that.

thanks,
Chris