[T3] that's it

topnotch at nycap.rr.com topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Aug 9 16:56:06 PDT 2014

Sorry to hear about your situation, but its a common one where when somebody
gets in a situation where they can no longer make money on the deal, or it costs them too much, they ditch.  Of course a Ford can indeed do strange things to people, I believe John J has a pill he takes for that;-) but your in the right part of the country to find help and this list or the Samba is your "angies list" for T3 vw repair shops that you can rely on.  Without seeing it, my best guess is you need a cam and lifters and the geometry set up properly, this means splitting the case but with a low mileage engine if you don't pop the pistons out of the Jugs when you remove them you may be able to get away with just the cam and lifter replacement.

I suspect, and again, I haven't seen it, but I suspect that either Lloyd didn't set up the valve train geometry right or didn't break in the cam with the proper method or proper oil.

Keith