[T3] Window Crank

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Aug 15 20:01:49 PDT 2014

In a message dated 8/15/2014 10:39:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

I have originals if you need one. They are somewhat fragile; they
will break if the window mechanism has become hard to work. The cure
for a difficult to raise window is to grease the horizontal track
under the window. You'll find this after you carefully remove the
vinyl panel and the plastic film water seal. Be sure to put the water
seal back in place when you're done.

Also, while you're in there, check to see IF the sound deadening isn't
trying to separate from the door. I can't tell you how many times I've run
into that. It literally will try and stop the glass from going all the way
down, as it starts to stop it about half way down. Checking and fixing this
might keep you from breaking a window handle. :O

64 T-34 Ghia aka  Wolfie