[T3] Try, Try Again

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:38:12 PDT 2014

> Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 07:16:14 -0700
> From: fisherfarms at gmail.com
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: Re: [T3] Try, Try Again
>
> You're going to throw away new tires that went flat because the car has
> been sitting so long! You can even run new inner tubes in them and be
> extra safe, but they cost money and you might have to order them. There
> must be thousands of used VW wheels in AZ if you need one.

Mike, you must have been around Tram too much! You caught his sharp tongue! ;p l.o.l.

I put out the thought of inner tubes, as at the time I needed them last, they were only for bias ply tires and had heat issues caused by friction. However, I now see that there is one specified for radials! :D http://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/Big-Max-Radial-Passenger-Inner-Tube---FR-15/0000000060496?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping%2Bsearch&utm_campaign=google%2Bproduct%20search&gslfah&gclid=CL399uOlp8ACFSbl7Aod_h4AiQ

Of course I will spend $15 to save a $90 tire! I wish I had known this, as might of even been able to run the ZXZ tires she had. I have a bunch of tires back in El Cajon, so think this be a real good solution.

Only issue I see is the rubber fully failing, exposing the inner tube. Anyone else have this concern? I don't have to take the freeway to get most places, so if speed is an issue, can keep that in mind.

Thank you so very much!
Adriel