[T3] Christmas Parade Time

John Jaranson john at carartbyjohn.com
Wed Dec 10 17:47:14 PST 2014

On Dec 10, 2014, at 8:04 PM, Jim Adney wrote:

> On 10 Dec 2014 at 15:18, Dennis Stiefel wrote:
>
>> We are going to put Clementine in the local Christmas parade to represent
>> the school I'm with.  My biggest concern is will there be any danger of it
>> over heating.  The parade is a little less than a mile and it will be at
>> parade speed so idling in 1st gear.  The weather for parade day Saturday
>> afternoon is supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of 52.
>
> I can't imagine that this would be any problem at all.

I agree with Jim.  No problem at all.  I have had my 66 Square and Jill's 67 Type 34 Ghia in the Woodward Dream Cruise.  That is 15 miles plus of 1st gear and idling in August when it has been 90 degrees plus.  No issues.  We do see lots of muscle cars and hot rods with boiling over radiators in those conditions. The aircooled VWs...never a hiccup.

Have fun and expect lots of weird stares and questions.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com