[T3] 6 V Generator question

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Dec 1 06:22:35 PST 2014

Subject: Re: [T3] 6 V Generator question

I just started making up a spread sheet with all the various generator and
VR part numbers and specs. I noticed something interesting in this info from
Soren:

On 20 Nov 2014 at 13:05, Soren Jacobsen wrote:

> Specs marked: EG -> 7V 50A 28 (90mm housing, Generator, clockwise
> rotation, 7 Volt, 50 Amp, 2800 RPM nominal output speed)

Soren, is that what the 28 means? I never knew what that was. If so, it's
interesting that the 12 V generators have a 20 there, so they should be able
to do their full output at lower rpms.

Did the 6 V generator/crankshaft pulleys produce a different generator drive
ratio?

> Bosch part number: 0 101 206 044

That Bosch part number always appears as a sequential pair, as in

0 101 206 045 (0) 046

where (0) stands for the Bosch logo.

I find this everywhere, but I don't have a clear definition of what it
means. My best guess, based on what I've got in the way of Bosch parts lists
is that 045 is the part # for the basic generator while
046 might be the same generator but including the pulley. Can you verify
that or give me a better interpretation?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org

Jim sorry it has taken so long for me to get back with you on this.  I
talked to my friend this morning who has the 63 and 64 notches. He seems to
think one of them still has a regulator on them but he's not sure since it
been years since he has looked at them.  Hopefully I can get over there in
the next week or so and take some good pics and even a video.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT (Clementine)
71 Stander Beetle Middle Son's car
67 Ford F-100 Hart of Crown Vic. (Leroy)
88 Golf Oldiest Son's car
10 Toyota Corolla Wife's car
65 Ford 4000 (old Blue)
Rainsville, Alabama