[T3] Hard line size

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jan 6 16:30:36 PST 2014

I believe it's 6mm OD before '68, and takes 5mm hose.  From '68 they
standardised on 8mm OD to suit the FI hose for the tunnel pipes, so the
fixed fuel pipe is 8mm OD and takes 7mm hose.  To get round the mismatch of
pipes, the metal piece through the front engine tinware is 8mm reducing to
6mm OD on carbed cars.    Having said that, I don't think mine has that
special pipe - I got 5.5mm bore hose from VW, and managed to get that on to
the floorpan pipe - bit of a struggle though!  That was maybe 5 years ago -
no problem yet!  I've never actually measured the OD though.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club