[T3] Main bearings use to be BBbbrrrrrr!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Jan 9 10:13:02 PST 2014

On 9 Jan 2014 at 8:19, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> I hate to be the 1 to say this Dennis, but you're probably going to want
> to drag it back to school, pull the engine and tear it down. If not, you
> won't  get a good nights sleep until you do.

I have to agree. It's better to take it apart and find out what the
problem is now, rather than let it fester in your mind. And even if
it seems like it's recovered, the chance that the problem will return
and do big damage will always be there.

Maybe the good news is twofold:

It's winter and you have time to do this.

It's a fresh rebuild, and nothing's had a chance to rust. So it will
be easy and clean to take apart. Just remember to drain the oil
before you start.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org