[T3] pop-out windows on a fastback

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jan 10 07:38:18 PST 2014

In a message dated 1/10/2014 6:51:53 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
alluringeyewear at comcast.net writes:

Hello al! I would like to install pop-outs on my '73 fastback. I  have the
complete assemblies but have no idea how they mount up behind the  doors.
The back side of my car, rear, has three holes to mount up the pop out  hinge,
I cannot find anything on the fixed hinge side. Do I need to weld in a  new
"C" pillar? Does anyone have any photos or suggestions? Also does anyone
have a set of "C" pillars they would be willing to sell? Thanks Doug '73
Fasty  FI "Leilani"

Have a look at this pic from Phil's 71 Fastback.
http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1154298.jpg
He had ISP rebuild the car. For 71 (Phil's car) VW eliminated the anchor
plates (with tapped holes) for the latch of the pop outs (what your 73 IS
missing). Remember, Fastbacks got "bending glass", and you don't need anything
 special other than some latch anchor plates, and the correct window seals
(with metal frame) to install them.
I hope this helps.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction