[T3] pop-out windows on a fastback

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Fri Jan 10 17:10:38 PST 2014

I wonder if thread inserts would work. Lacking the extra metal of the backing plate, they might add enough strength for the fasteners to hold.
These are the inserts that are installed with the pop rivet looking thread setter.
Do the experts feel comfortable the C pillar metal would ho;d up to the stress of the window over time.
Brion SS. Utah