[T3] Main bearings use to be BBbbrrrrrr!

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Jan 11 12:17:02 PST 2014

Ok it was about 60 degrees here at noon today.  Went and bumped the starter.
Was slow but would turn. Took a DVOM to the battery and it had about 12.2 V.
A little low so I hook our jump box to the battery and boom fired right up
just like nothing had happened. Let it idle for about 10 minutes then drove
it for another 10.  Hook an oil pressure gage to it right after that and at
idle it would hold about 12-15 PSI somewhere around 2500 RPM (just a guess
no tach) about 50 PSI and quick revs would jump it up to nearly 75 PSI. The
Bentley says 28 PSI at 2500 RPMs with 30W oil so I think I'm OK on oil
pressure. I'm going to relook at my oil options (I know big can of worms to
open here).  I may just try to find a zinc additive and go back with what I
used back in the day Castrol 10W40 in the winter and 20W50 in the summer.
We shall see. The best think thing I can do right now is avoid running it
when we have these artic fronts come through and just put some more miles on
it to further break it in.  Some meteorologist are saying we could have
another cold blast like this last one the end of this month I guess we will
see.  If we do Clementine will spend it in the shop.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
Rainsville, AL