[T3] Starting Problem

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Mon Jan 13 09:47:18 PST 2014

Yeah, this was an aftermarket head of unknown origin that came with the
parts car.  No marks to identify the manufacturer.  I slapped new P&C on
that motor just to get it running with the plan to build a good engine.  It
had a rod knock from the start.  That was at least 50k miles ago. :)

I've known this valve was sinking for a while, but I was hoping to nurse it
through until this spring.  I kept adjusting it out, but as you can see in
the pic it finally collapsed all the way into the port so there's no
containment at all.

Fortunately I had picked up a hardly-used VW head at a swap meet back in the
fall.

Tony
'70 Fastback AT/FI