[T3] Starting Problem

Tony Rongey trongey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 13 15:24:50 PST 2014

This was definitely a case of the seat sinking into the head.  If you look closely at the picture you can still see the seat behind the valve.  The wear pattern looks like it probably started with the seat working loose and wobbling in the hole.  Once it came loose the seat was probably traveling with the valve, but provided enough seal when it closed for the cylinder to keep working.

When I have time I'll pull the valve to see how many ways it failed.  1st priority right now is getting the car back on the road.

Tony
'70 Fastback AT/FI