[T3] ZDDP options

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 17:03:15 PST 2014

In a message dated 1/14/2014 7:49:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org writes:

I don't have a brand preference.  I use to be a Castrol guy  till all this
zinc hubbub came about several years ago.   I've  heard good things on the
Brad Penn stuff from my muscle car friends for  their small and big block
V-8s.  The problem I have with them is I  live in the sticks and the closest
store that sales is over 60 miles to me  so I would have to buy on line and
stock up. I like having an oil I can buy  easily.  Guess that's why I liked
the Castrol.  I'm kind of a no  hassle guy.

Then you might want to look into adding the ZDDP into whatever oil you
want to use. Jim suggests using Lucas, while I personally like using GM's EOS
(Engine Oil Supplement). Either of these 2 gives you the freedom of using
whatever oil you want to use. : ) The EOS has gone up in price, and is
expensive as all hell now, but that's because people were adding to cars that
didn't need it, and clogging the cat converter, so GM stopped offering for a
while. :O The Lucas might be available at your local auto parts place
though,  so it might be worth investigating.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction