[T3] ZDDP options

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Thu Jan 16 08:37:01 PST 2014

Dennis, it was several months ago or so... Point is don't want folks to
think C oil is the solve all answer. Apparently the answer is once the
engine has gone through the brake-in period (1,000 miles in our case) use
what ever oil floats your boat.

Actually, there is still two systems for diesel: oxidizers and the urea.
My understanding is the former works similar in concept to gassers, but has
different material/layout, as both affected by the Z.D.D.P..

It is these oxidizers that will raise food prices, as Comfufornia requires
all semis to have them, even if they don't have a license in the state! Talk
about violating interstate commerce and liberty! Know some drivers going
through just ignore and risk it, as retrofitting costs are prohibitive,
especially for the majority which are small businesses.What starts there
goes to the other states. I am all for clean air, but give the working class
liberty and relief from the burden of the government!
In time the costs of the emission systems will go down and the older trucks
will be retired and replaced with cleaner versions in due time.

Thank you so very much!
Adriel

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TD-T - Dog Wgn
Master's Student, A.S.U., living in north central Mesa, AZ

Yes your are right in two systems.  I was talking about the soot catchers
they were putting on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks like the Cummins, Duramax and
Power Stroke (Around the 2006-2011 range).  They had a soot filter that burn
the excess soot by using more fuel to burn it around 1300 degrees F. in this
component. Then they replaced that with the urea set up after that. I do
want clean air as well but some of the laws we have do little or nothing for
that and more to make certain peoples wallet's fat.

Dennis