[T3] Rear torsion replacement

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Jan 19 14:17:43 PST 2014

That's not likely to change any "flopping in the wind", that problem is most
likely tires, if you have Nankangs on it or something like that it could be
pretty bad, if anything, when the bars sag it lowers the car and its more
stable in the wind.

Look at where the flexplate hub comes thru the bushing cover, how centered
is it?  if its NOT rubbing against the cover than the bushing is fine.  The
rear IRS suspension will pretty much last forever but the bars do sag, new
bars wont correct this anymore that re-adjusting the old ones will.

>From personal experience, it's a PITA getting new bushings to fit in there
and go back together and even when its all bolted up, they don't fit as well
as the old ones did.  Get the Gabriel air shocks, they are on the market
again, that will bring the height up and provide the correct shock rate.

Remember  though, if you have cheap tires on there or the wrong size, all
bets are off.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com