[T3] Looking for a spare NOS '71 turn signal switch (Phil Hof)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jan 20 09:06:44 PST 2014

On 19 Jan 2014 at 15:11, Phil Hof wrote:

> Cannibalizing a new unit and the ´71-unique parts may be
> another path to a "like new" working unit.

Depending on what's broken, you can often replace broken parts with
good parts from a donor unit. The most commonly broken parts are the
little sliding plastic pieces that anchor the serpentine spring.
Those bits are common to all the TSS units of that era, and if you
are careful, they can be slipped into place without taking anything
apart.

If you've torn off the spring brass horn contact, I've been meaning
to come up with a fix for that, too, but don't have it yet. That's a
tough one. I have a plan, but haven't tried it yet.

I haven't found anything that is a good overall replacement other
than another '71 TSS.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org