[T3] 034 on Squareback

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 17:52:25 PST 2014

> an 009  (be all in) until you reach the desired speed, then it would add  a
> little vac advance at cruise speeds (bump it from say 28 to 32 degrees). Is
> this what you're meaning? I could see that getting the "idle while in gear"

You might recall that I am running stock FI intake and TB. Last March I drove
to PH and had a vacuum gauge Teed into the vacuum line to the stock distributor.

At a steady 67 mph at an altitude of 6163', I had 6" of vacuum. Now granted I
have a slightly larger than stock 1776, but that should give an idea of how much
advance was being added at that point. Maybe someone with a vacuum pump
could tell us what 6" at the canister yields in degrees of advance.

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1086608.jpg

Max Welton
http://www.maxwelton2k.net/