[T3] 034 on Squareback

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Jan 20 18:55:07 PST 2014

In a message dated 1/20/2014 8:52:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
max_welton_2k at yahoo.com writes:

You might recall that I am running stock FI intake and TB. Last  March I
drove
to PH and had a vacuum gauge Teed into the vacuum line to the  stock
distributor.

At a steady 67 mph at an altitude of 6163', I had 6"  of vacuum. Now
granted I
have a slightly larger than stock 1776, but that  should give an idea of
how much
advance was being added at that point.  Maybe someone with a vacuum pump
could tell us what 6" at the canister  yields in degrees of advance.

This  might be a job for someone with a distributor machine. Although, I
think if 1  had a digital timing light, and a vac pump, it might be possible
to get an  idea of how much it changes. I think the hard part might be
getting just 6  inches of vac, so a reading could be taken, as I don't really know
how much  vacuum is made thru the fitting on the FI port (normally). That 6
inches of  vac doesn't sound like much, and more like having your foot in
it. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction