[T3] One cylinder dead-not firing-#3

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Jan 21 15:43:07 PST 2014

You should be able to turn over the engine by hand or with a wrench and
check that there's no compression on that cylinder.  You might even hear a
hissing as it goes through that compression stroke.  I wouldn't expect a
mechanic finding zero compression wouldn't re-check the tester and its seal.

It might be worth pulling that rocker cover and seeing if one of #3 valves
is being held open somehow - something might be obviously wrong.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club