[T3] 70 Square. 1 Owner. OG Paint and Documentation

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jan 26 16:26:57 PST 2014

In a message dated 1/26/2014 6:33:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
one4house at yahoo.com writes:

I have been in contact with someone local on a 1970 Squareback that  he
picked up. This is his first VW. I decided to drop by and take a look at it
this afternoon so we could swap stories and show off cars.

Little did I  know that he has a 1 owner, dark red, fully documented 1970
Squareback with  service records and all of the registrations from 71 to 83
when it was parked.  He has the owners' manual. He has the original sales
receipt from when it was  purchased in California for $2900 and some change. He
also still has contact  with the original owner.

This is an unmolested original. It is a 95%  rust free car. There is a
dollar sized spot on both fenders, but it is great  other then that. It does not
drive, but it has been started in the last year.  It needs the brakes,
lines and fuel lines replaced. It was parked because it  was replaced.

What is something like this  worth?

I couldn't tell you what it's worth, as I don't know what cars are  selling
for in your area. E-bay would let you know what it's  worth.
That said, it looks (from the pics I could get to load) that it's  mostly
complete, and could be either an easy to get on the road daily driver,  or a
good candidate for a full on restoration.
The documentation is a plus, and a nice thing to have. It adds to the  cars
history, and tells a story.
Nice car. Is this the car you were looking at getting the FI off of? If
so, it looks like most of it's there. It will need new hoses, and possibly the
 injectors professionally cleaned.

64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction