[T3] rear trunl problem

John Jaranson jaransont3 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 29 14:06:55 PST 2014

On Jan 29, 2014, at 8:39 AM, alluringeyewear at comcast.net wrote:

> Hello all! Today when I opened my rear trunk to do an oil change, the trunk opened as usual. The wind blew the lid closed and when I went to reopen it, either the cable snapped or something else went screwy. The lever on the door pillar has no resistance whatsoever. How do I a: open my trunk and b: install a new cable? Are these still available or does anyone have one for sale? Thanks Doug "Leilani" '73 Fastback FI

Doug,

You could also remove the back of the back seat and access the inside of the trunk space through there.  You will need a small person since there is a "V" shaped strainer brace across the opening.

IIRC, you lift out the seat bottom and then remove to bolts to either side of center at the bottom of the seat back and then lift the seat back up off of the hooks holding the top of the seat back.

You could also pull the engine, but that is a lot more work and more difficult without access to the top side.

Good luck.

Later,
John Jaranson
www.carartbyjohn.com