[T3] Heads are toast, rebuild time

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 16:06:24 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:55 PM, Chad <brakeman22 at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the foam stuff on the oil cooler you can use the weather strip stuff
> from home depot. They sell some that are 1-1/4" at home depot. Use two
> lengths and you'll be good to go. Is your motor FI or carbed? I have a pair
> of decent FI heads that could be rebuilt.

Chad,

Thanks for the advice regarding the weather strip stuff.  Will that hold up
to the heat in our engines?

My car is still stock FI and I appreciate the offer for the heads.  I
"should" be good on that front because I have 3 sets of FI heads from a
1972.  Between those three sets, I'm hoping my machine shop can find 1 good
set.  Upon my initial inspection of those, I did not see any cracks.

Jacob